We got the official endorsement from the NYS Dept. of Ag and Markets. While it seems mostly to do with wine it’s pretty cool!
We have received and approved your application for designation of your market as a bona fide farmers’ market under the NYS Agriculture and Markets Law, based on the information you supplied on the participation of bona fide New York farmers.
This designation will permit participating New York wineries to sell New York labeled wine by the bottle at the market under Section 76.5 of the NYS Alcoholic Beverage Control Law. The wineries may sell NY labeled wine at the location, dates, and times listed on the attached designation certificate, which is based on your application (Sunday market wine sales may occur only after 10 AM). Please note that non-winery farmers’ market vendors must be present on all days and hours during which NYS bottled wine is to be sold by participating wineries
While the NYS Liquor Authority no longer requires a “no-fee” permit for each winery to sell by the bottle, wineries must still have a “tasting permit” to conduct tastings in conjunction with sales. Please keep a copy of the attached letter at the market.
Please note that our designation also allows microbrewery sales at the market.
Thank you for your sponsorship of a farmers’ market that combines NY farmers and NY wineries to offer consumers a diversity of quality NY agricultural products. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
Special Assistant for Market Development
The Pawling Farmers Market is pleased to announce that “Two by Two Petting Zoo” will be at opening day on Saturday, June 22nd from 9 am to noon. They will be bringing a kangaroo, a tortoise, small alligator and much more. All of their programs are educational and conservation based, informing the public about some fascinating and endangered animals.
The Pawling Farmers Market is pleased to announce its newly extended schedule for the 2013 season, its 6th season in operation. The season opens on Saturday, June 22nd and continues through Saturday, September 21st, 9am to 12 noon. Visitors to the Pawling Farmers Market will be treated to the best and freshest produce, specialty foods and wines the Hudson Valley has to offer. Pawling’s local Dykeman Farm brings fresh grown produce throughout the season; Bee Archetype is returning this year with honey in jars, beeswax candles and honey-based skin care products; Cascade Mountain Winery, Ronny brook and Amazing Real Live Food Co will all be returning this year. The Pawling Farmers Market welcomes Wave Hill Breads, an artisan micro-bakery, Rockerbox Garlic and Pickle Licious, three new companies joining the market this season.
In addition to food and wine vendors The Pawling Farmers Market has music and other events scheduled throughout the season. The Pawling Book Cove is the Events Sponsor this year.
- On June 22, opening day, children and parents will be entertained (and educated) by “Two By Two Petting Zoo”, with kangaroo, tortoise, goats, chicks, an alligator and more! http://www.twobytwozoo.com/index.html
- On June 29th, Stonecrop Gardens of Cold Spring, NY will be giving its first ever farmers market trough making demonstration! They will also be selling cement troughs and alpine plants, for which they are famous.
- On July 13th self-proclaimed “Nick the Knife” will be sharpening knives while you shop. Because he has such a following as a ‘knife sage with personality’, he will be back again on August 3rd.
- On the evening of July 13th The Pawling Farmers Market will hold its first ‘Worth Staying Up For’ Farm-to-Table fund raising event at Dapplemere Farm in Pawling.
- On Sat. Sept. 7th the Hudson Valley Food Swap will be at the Pawling Farmers Market. If you bake, cook, can, preserve, brew, ferment, mix, forage or grow your own, and would like to trade the fruits of your labor for other delectable, homemade foods, then come to the swap! http://www.facebook.com/HudsonValleySwappers
The Pawling Farmers Market is located in the picturesque Village of Pawling on the newly renovated Village Green. Across from The Pawling Farmers Market are shops and restaurants where visitors can browse books and antiques or grab coffee, pastries or lunch at Petit Café or McKinney & Doyle Fine Foods. There is plenty of parking in the Village, and Metro North provides transportation from the north or south, with a drop off right alongside the Village Green also.
Pawling has always had a rich agricultural heritage, and as part of the rising popularity of locally grown fruits and vegetables The Pawling Farmers Market continues to celebrate that tradition. Buying local food at the market can help keep us healthy, keep money in our community and reduce the wasteful trucking, flying, and freezing of the foods that we eat.
The following is a list of Vendors (and links to their websites) who will be at The Pawling Farmers Market in 2013:
- Amazing Real Live Food Co.
- Annie Bananie Ice Cream
- Bee Archetype
- Bellstak Farm
- Bombay Emerald Chutney Company
- Cascade Mountain Winery
- Coast to Coast Dog Treats
- Continental Organics
- Dykeman Farm
- Fenwood Design
- Garden Greetings by Amy Farrell
- JJewels Designs
- Maura & Nuccia
- Montgomery Pottery
- Pickle Licious
- Prospect Hill Orchard
- Rockerbox Garlic
- The Slab
- Wave Hill Breads
- Wholey Oats Granola
- Wingnut Farm
Music is a big part of The Pawling Farmers Market . The following musicians have been scheduled for these dates:
- 6/22/13 abe loomis http://www.abeloomismusic.com/
- 6/29/13 brian dolzani http://www.briandolzani.com
- 7/6/13 tim and sylvia http://www.myspace.com/jimbosyl
- 7/13/13 maggie seligman http://www.myspace.com/maggieseligman
- 7/20/13 mike latini http://www.reverbnation.com/mikelatini
- 7/27/13 don lowe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKhG18k9y_U
- 8/3/13 dan stevens http://www.reverbnation.com/vacarrstevensduo
- 8/10/13 family mojo http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD045DCBF372C3E8
- 8/17/13 glenn roth http://www.glennroth.com/
- 8/24/13 doug mahard http://dougmahard.com/
- 8/31/13 jason waters http://www.jasonwatersmusic.com/
- 9/7/13 the easy chair http://easychairlistening.com/
- 9/14/13 the sawtelles http://thesawtelles.com/
Also visit our Facebook page and Like us!