July 13th Farm-to-Table dinner and benefit at Dapplemere Farm!
The Pawling Farmers Market is pleased to announce its newly extended schedule for the 2013 season, its 6th season in operation. Saturday, June 22nd is opening day, and closing day is 14 Saturday’s later, on September 21st, from 9am to 12.
Visitors to the Pawling Farmers Market will be treated to the best and freshest produce, specialty foods and wines the Hudson Valley has to offer. Pawling’s local Dykeman Farm brings fresh grown produce throughout the season; Bee Archetype is returning this year with honey in jars, beeswax candles and honey-based skin care products; Cascade Mountain Winery, Ronny brook and Amazing Real Live Food Co will all be returning this year. The Pawling Farmers Market welcomes Wave Hill Breads, an artisan micro-bakery, Rockerbox Garlic and Pickle Licious, three new companies joining the market this season.
In addition to food and wine vendors The Pawling Farmers Market has music and other events scheduled throughout the season. The Pawling Book Cove is the Events Sponsor this year.
- On June 22, opening day, children will be entertained (and educated) at our Petting Zoo, with kangaroo, tortoise, goats, chicks, an alligator and more!
- On June 29th, Stonecrop Gardens of Cold Spring, NY will be giving its first ever farmers market trough making demonstration! They will also be selling the cement troughs and alpine plants for which they are famous.
- On July 13th self-proclaimed “Nick the Knife” will be sharpening knives while you shop. Because he has such a following as a ‘knife sage with personality’, he will be back again on August 3rd.
- On the evening of July 13th The Pawling Farmers Market will hold its first ‘Worth Staying Up For’ Farm-to-Table fund raising event at Dapplemere Farm.
The Pawling Farmers Market is located in the picturesque Village of Pawling on the newly renovated Village Green. Across from The Pawling Farmers Market are shops and restaurants where visitors can browse books and antiques or grab coffee, pastries or lunch at Petit Café or McKinney & Doyle Fine Foods. There is plenty of parking in the Village, and Metro North provides transportation from the north or south, with a drop off right alongside the Village Green also.
Pawling has always had a rich agricultural heritage, and as part of the rising popularity of locally grown fruits and vegetables The Pawling Farmers Market continues to celebrate that tradition. Buying local food at the market can help keep us healthy, keep money in our community and reduce the wasteful trucking, flying, and freezing of the foods that we eat. And you can taste the difference. Think globally, eat locally.
The following is a list of Vendors (and links to their websites) who will be at The Pawling Farmers Market in 2013:
- Dykeman Farm
- Wave Hill
- Coast to Coast Dog Treats
- Bellstak Farm
- Wingnut Farm
- Cascade Mountain Winery
- Amazing Real Live Food Co.
- Maura & Nuccia
- Bee Archetype
- Wholey Oats Granola
- Annie Bananie Ice Cream
- Bombay Emerald Chutney Company
- Fenwood Design
- JJewels Designs
- Garden Greetings by Amy Farrell
- The Slab
Music is a big part of The Pawling Farmers Market . The following musicians have been scheduled:
- abe loomis http://www.abeloomismusic.com
- brian dolzani http://www.briandolzani.com
- tim and sylvia http://www.myspace.com/jimbosyl
- maggie seligman http://www.myspace.com/maggieseligman
- mike latini http://www.reverbnation.com/mikelatini
- don lowe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKhG18k9y_U
- dan stevens http://www.reverbnation.com/vacarrstevensduo
- family mojo http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD045DCBF372C3E8
- glenn roth http://www.glennroth.com
- doug mahard http://dougmahard.com
- jason waters http://www.jasonwatersmusic.com
- the easy chair http://easychairlistening.com
- the sawtelles http://thesawtelles.com